We believe a W&L education should be affordable for all admitted students. Our financial aid evaluation is not just a set of numbers plugged into a formula. We review each application and treat each family according to its circumstances. All First-Year applicants, including domestic, international and undocumented students, are eligible and encouraged to apply for need-based financial aid.
W&L also offers competitive merit-based full-ride scholarships through the Johnson Scholarship Program and additional full-tuition scholarships on the basis of geography or special interest.
- 100% — W&L meets the full demonstrated financial need of every admitted applicant entirely through grants and student employment, without loans.
- $0 in tuition — Undergraduate students with a total family income below $125,000 and assets typical for their income will receive a minimum grant equal to full tuition.
- $59 million in aid awarded annually. Our top-15 endowment among all U.S. colleges and universities allows us to provide need-based financial aid to the greatest number of students across the broadest range of incomes.
- 57% of the entering first-year class received some form of financial aid, with an average aid award of $60,048.
- ~44 members of the first-year class will win a prestigious Johnson Scholarship — an $80,000 per year value.
Access & AffordabilityStudents with the intellect to excel and the selflessness to care should have the opportunity to lead.